Saturday January 2nd – News from the management
Today, on its way back down, an empty chair of the double chairlift IV West hung a branch that had been brought down with the weight of the snow. The chair then swung to hit a tower and, as the mechanism is designed, it detached itself from the cable. The chairlift was evacuated but no one was otherwise involved. There was only a momentary break of the chairlift to allow time for the necessary checks to be made. The branch was cut off and, once the safety checks were done by our certified lift mechanics, the chairlift was put back on.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and understand that this may be of concern to you, but we want to reassure you of the importance we place on the maintenance of our lifts and your safety.
– This is an exceptional event and it should not happen again.
– This event could not happen in the context of clients being in the chair.
– We respect the standards and regulatory requirements for ski lifts (Z98-national, RBQ, good industry practices, etc.).
– Safety is our first priority and we conduct regular maintenance of our lifts.
– In addition, we are involved on various committees to stay on the lookout and contribute to the improvement of standards.
Should you have any questions about this event or any other subject, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1 866 538-2545 ext. 221.
Thank you for your support and understanding in this special year. The operations of a ski resort are filled with challenges but we must admit that this year is a very special year. Fortunately, the snow is now back, new trails will be open as of tomorrow as well as the alpine touring trail (with the exception of Exit #2) and we plan on opening the chairlift I in the next few days, depending on the cold weather conditions, as well as the chairlift II as of next weekend. Please know that we are not minimizing any effort and that our teams are working tirelessly to offer you a great ski season.
Thank you again for your understanding and we wish you all a Happy New Year 2021!