Mountain bike initiation
Discover a new mountain sport!
From June 01 2023 to October 15 2023
THIS ACTIVITY IS NOW OVER – Back in spring/summer 2024!
The rates shown below are for the 2023 season. The 2024 rates will be updated next spring.
This mountain bike initiation lesson is designed for beginners and provides an introduction to basic uphill and downhill techniques (enduro). This lesson aims to make you autonomous in mountain biking in order to ride confidently and safely on our beginner trails. Maximum of 3 participants per group.
Prerequisites: minimum height 4’6″ (with rental).
Departures for this initiation package are offered every day at 9am and 1pm on reservation.
RESERVATION always required on weekdays
|MOUNTAIN BIKE INITIATION
*NEW* Solo or with friends
|One person||Every additional person|
|Package includes :
|Extend your bike and protections rental for the day of the lesson (additional half day) depending on availability.||$ 55||$ 55|
|Bike insurance :
We strongly suggest that you take the breakage and damage insurance which will cover :
– All costs related to a first puncture
|$ 10||$ 10|
Taxes not included. Rates in Canadian dollars. Rates for the 2023 season. Rates are subject to change without notice.
• For reservations with bike rentals, please have the following information on hand for the booking: date of birth, weight and height of all participants.
• For mountain bike rentals, the minimum height requirement for participants is 4’6″.
• For details and conditions concerning bike rental, please consult the Mountain Bike Rentals page.
• Payment in full is required when you reserve.
• Children of 14 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult participating in the group lesson.
• Closed shoes are required for the cycling activity.
• MEETING POINT – Head to the Mont SUTTON RENTAL CENTER for your registration. You will pick up your trail access ticket and meet your instructor in front of the rental center.
• WITH BIKE RENTAL: A pick-up time will be assigned to you at the time of your reservation. Please arrive at the Mont SUTTON site at least 15 minutes in advance to find parking and to orient yourself on the site.
• WITHOUT BIKE RENTAL: Please arrive at the mountain at least 30 minutes before the lesson to find parking, to orient yourself on the site and to pick up your ticket at the rental center.
• No delays will be tolerated. A late customer will lose that lesson time which cannot be recovered and, depending on the case, it may be difficult to track your group on the mountain.
• A late fee will apply if the bike is returned after the end of the rental period.
• The following electronic waiver forms Mountain Bike Lesson, Bike Trail Access and Mountain Bike Rental (if applicable) must be completed prior to the day of the activity.
Get ready for your experience
• We suggest that you bring a bottle of water or a hydration bag, it will be hot and the mountain bike initiation requires a sustained physical effort in uphill and downhill.
• We suggest you bring a snack, the lesson lasts 2.5 hours.
• We recommend that you wear long shorts (mid-thigh) or legging-type pants.
• We recommend that you dress in several layers of clothing (ideally avoid cotton); this will allow you to dress/undress according to the progress of the lesson.
• We recommend that you bring a pair of gloves, long socks covering the shins and goggles (sunglasses or glasses will do), this will protect your eyes from the small branches that you might come across in the mountain.
• A 50% penalty is applicable for a cancellation made within 4 to 14 days of your reservation date. Three days or less before your reservation date, there will be no refund.
Date change policy:
• A change of date is possible without charge more than 3 days before your reservation. For example, for a reservation on Saturday, you can change your reservation date up to and including Wednesday. Three days or less before the date of your reservation, no change is possible. Only one (1) date change is allowed per reservation, once a change is made a 50% penalty is applicable for any subsequent modification.
Psst! For those who already have experience in mountain biking but are not yet familiar with our trails or wish to improve their technique, we also offer a mountain bike guide service and a private lesson service!