Thank you to the Plein air Sutton / MTB team!
Even if it’s not over for the mountain biking (opening until November 6th or later if weather allows it), we wanted to thank the team who works hard to offer a quality trail and a pleasant experience in the mountain bike network.
Since its opening 5 years ago, the mountain bike network has almost doubled from 25 to 44 km of trails. Obviously the more kilometers there are the more there is to do!
Despite the ups and downs of Mother Nature this summer, the Plein Air Sutton / MTB team of trailbuilders did an extraordinary job! From the analysis of the needs, to the coordination of the work and the execution, many improvements were made, such as :
- A lot of maintenance at the beginning of the season throughout the network
- Complete rejuvenation and refurbishment of the Kouiki
- Improvement of navigation, new signage and the addition of maps in the network
- Rehabilitation of the Lundi Spaghatte
- New jumps in the Tiguidou mon Minou
- Construction of new bridges in the En Fût trail and in Le Refuge
- For everyone’s safety: 30 new emergency markers and 15 explanatory signs for the use of the markers have been added, as well as the addition of the Vélo Qc mountain bike code of conduct
- Design of a new advanced trail (black diamond) of 1.6 km
- As well as other new features that will be unveiled for the upcoming season… stay tuned!
Let us introduce you to the 6 members at the head of Plein air Sutton / MTB’s development team and to whom we raise our hat to their work!
Julien Galarneau – Trail planner
Known by the team as the slap of the Gods, for his legendary slant skills! He is part of the team that gave a new look to the Tiguidou and Kouiki trail.
Lisanne Gendron-Lecours – Landscaper
Always ready to take on challenges, Lisanne is a solid link in the team that can always be counted on. Also known as Miss Tonka, her team considers her to be a real queen of the shovel, tamer of the loader and mistress of well-made slopes!
Arnaud Demers – Landscaper
Always smiling, he brings a good hand to the team, as he knows, all the nooks and crannies of the mountain. The team even calls him “the child prodigy”!
Samuel Bilodeau – Landscaper
Passionate about biking and snowboarding, Samuel excels in transmitting his passion, knowledge and his good energy to those around him. He is not intimidated by a problem, he always finds a solution!
Sébastien Boismenu – Field Operations Supervisor
He has left his mark not only at Plein air Sutton / MTB, but also elsewhere in Quebec such as Gaspésie, Laurentides, Sherbrooke and more! The team says of him that he brings the top-quality tight-knit group spirit of the landscapers’ team.
Pascal Vinh Nguyen – General Manager
A great outdoor enthusiast, he can be found on his bike, while hiking or wearing snowshoes in winter! With his head full of ideas and his good mood, he brings a human approach to his work.
But it’s not over yet! The mountain bike network is planned to be open every day this week and this weekend, and even more if the weather allows it.
Mont SUTTON and Plein air Sutton / MTB have joined their forces since the beginning of the development of the network, in order to get the best from both parties and as a result, the best for the mountain bikers enthusiasts.
Thank you once again to the whole team for your work!