HOW TO RESERVE
To reserve your spot at the Snow School, call us at 1-866-538-2545 (option 2) or send us your sign-up sheet by email to email@example.com or by fax to 450-538-9902. At the moment of your reservation, one of our representatives will inform you of the remaining availabilities in your desired options and we require payment in full in order to finalize your inscription. Due to the high demand for certain programs and certain time slots, no reservation can be made without payment in full of the value of the course.
There are two sign-up periods: April 1st to May 15th & August 1st to December 31st, 2019. Spaces will be filled according to the order in which we receive reservations: hurry, spaces are limited!
If a program or time slot is no longer available at the time of your request, it will be possible to add your name to a waitlist, which only guarantees a space if another one is given up. We encourage you to select another option or time slot to ensure your participation in our weekend programs.
CLASS POSTPONED BY THE SNOW SCHOOL
The Snow School may postpone a lesson in the case of force majeure. The makeup lesson will take place at the end of the program, and the decision to postpone a lesson will be taken at 6:30 a.m. the morning of. To find out if a lesson has been postponed, see the ski conditions page, or call us at 450-538-2545, option 1.
Class will begin as scheduled, and students who are late will have to go to the bell for a supervisor to assist them. If a student is more than 15 minutes late, the responsibility of finding the student’s class falls on the parent.
If a student misses a lesson, it cannot be made-up at a later date. A lesson cannot be taken by someone else in place of an absent student.
- The Snow School may reschedule a group lesson due to unforeseen events. The retake will occur at the end of the program.
- To check if a lesson has been rescheduled consult the ski conditions page or call 1-866-538-2545 (option 1). The decision to cancel a lesson will be made by 6:30 a.m. on the day of the lesson.
- Any program may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- No lesson retake or lesson transfer is available for students who miss a lesson.
- No refund will be issuedonce the program has started.
MEETING TIME AND PLACE
The 9-week group programs begin on the weekend of January 11-12, 2020, except for the Elite Club, which begins on December 26th, 2019. The 5 Saturdays programs (every other weekend) begin on January 4th or 11th,2020 , depending on the option selected at sign-up. We ask you to be at the meeting point 5 to 10 minutes before the start of your lesson. Parents are responsible for making sure that their child has a valid ski ticket, without which the child will not be allowed to join the class.
|Program||Lesson Schedule||Meeting point||Supervisor|
|Little Scouts Club||10 a.m.-12 noon / 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.||Bottom of the Cendrillon||To be confirmed|
|Explorers Club 2h||10 a.m.-12 noon / 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.||Bottom of the Alouette (left)||To be confirmed|
|Every 2nd Saturday Program
3-5 years old
|1 p.m.-3 p.m.||Bottom of Cendrillon (right)||To be confirmed|
|Every 2nd Saturday Program
6-13 years old
|10 a.m.-12 noon & 1 p.m.-3 p.m.||Bottom of the Cascade (right)||To be confirmed|
|All-Terrain Club||9:30 a.m.-12 noon & 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.||Bottom of the Cascade (right)||To be confirmed|
|Elite club||9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.||At the bell||To be confirmed|
|Snow Park||1o a.m.-12 noon||At the bell||Meet the instructor directly|
|Snowboarders Only||10 a.m.-12 noon / 1 p.m.-3p.m.||Bottom of the Alouette (right)||To be confirmed|
|Pre-Instructor||10 a.m.-12 noon||In front of the instructors’ locker room||Meet the instructor directly|
|Adult weekends||10:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m.||Bottom of the Alouette (left)||To be confirmed|
Look at our trail map to visualize your meeting point.
LESSON AGREEMENT TO SIGN BEFORE THE 1ST LESSON
The Lesson Agreement must be signed before January 6th, 2018. You may submit your signed agreement to us by email, fax or in person at the Snow School.
Your official tax receipt will be given to you upon reception of your signed lesson agreement.
Ski access is not included in the price of the weekend programs. If you are not a Mont SUTTON season’s passholder, you must purchase tickets valid for the duration of your lesson. The School Card is an advantageous option, but must be purchased before the start of the program. Depending on the chosen program, we will suggest to you the corresponding School Card (5 Saturdays School Card, 9 Saturdays School Card, 9 Sundays School Card). School Card tickets are valid only on the chosen day, from January 4/5 2020. This card is non-transferable; one ticket a day, issued to the cardholder.
Equipment may be rented for the whole season at the Rental Centre. It must be picked up by December 15th at the latest and returned two weeks after the end of the season at the latest. Seasonal rentals include skis, boots & poles / snowboard & boots. Find out more at the Snow School.
THE FIRST LESSON
- Aim to get to the resort 60 minutes ahead of the beginning of the lesson. Things may take longer than expected during the 1st week of lessons. Allow yourself extra time for things such as parking, getting ski tickets, dressing children, going to the bathroom, finding your meeting point, introducing yourself to the instructor…
- You may use the drop-off area located in the P1A parking lot to unload children and equipment, and then park in the nearby P1A, P1B and P1C parking lots.
- If you have your School Card: get your tickets at one of the tickets booths at the main chalet Alt. 400 m. If you do not already have your School Card, go to the Snow School counter to pick it up as soon as possible.
- Our team of Supervisors will be on site to welcome you at the beginning of every lesson. They will be present throughout the season to support the instructors who will be teaching your children. If you have any questions or problems your child’s instructor is unable to help you with during the 9 weeks, please refer to the Supervisor in charge of your child’s program.
- The classification of students is done according to the accreditation received at the end of the preceding ski season. During the first lesson, the instructor will evaluate the group’s compatibility. Total homogeneity being somewhat unrealistic, the instructor will focus on determining whether or not all students will be able to develop their abilities within the group. Some levels may be combined depending on the number of registrations.
- At the end of the lesson, groups are led back to their initial meeting point. This meeting point cannot be changed at the request of a parent or student, with no exceptions. If a student wishes to leave unaccompanied after class, he or she may do so from the meeting point determined by the Snow School. Please note that students under the age of 13 are not authorized to leave unaccompanied (without signed authorization from a parent).
- Helmets are mandatory for all Snow Park, All-Terrain, Elite Club, Snowboarders Only and Race Masters programs. For all other programs, the Snow School highly recommends that students wear helmets.
EVALUATION METHODS & PROGRESS MONITORING
The Mont SUTTON Snow School allows their students the opportunity to gain more confidence on the slopes and to improve their technique in a fun, positive and safe environment. Through the years, students evolve through different skill levels predetermined by the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) and the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI). We strongly recommend that parents stay informed of their child’s progress, by asking the instructor at the end of each lesson. The instructor will be able to provide an idea of where your child can improve and how they measure up to the program’s objectives.
END-OF-PROGRAM COSTUME CARNAVAL
On the weekend of March 14-15, 2020, the Snow School hosts its traditional and well-loved COSTUME CARNAVAL. We invite all students to show off their most original costumes to celebrate the end of group lessons with their favourite instructor, who will of course also be in costume!
Don’t miss this at the last lesson:
- Costume parade in the Sutton-Ik (Saturday, March 14 at 9 a.m.)
- Nomination of the students with the best times during the friendly race (11:45 a.m. at the bell)
- Student progression booklets are handed out (individually at the end of the lesson)
One individual and one group photo will be taken during the 3rd class. Students must be present during the 3rd class to obtain the photo. 5 Saturdays groups that started on January 4th will have their photo session in the afternoon of class #3. There will be no make-up picture day for students who are absent.
You will be able to order the pictures on the website of the photograph with the code that you will receive during the season. You will be able to purchase your photos online for a certain amount ($) and they will be delivered to the Jean Coutu or directly to your home.
AUTHORIZATION TO LEAVE UNACCOMPANIED
Children under the age of 13 are not authorized to leave unaccompanied at the end of a lesson. To allow your child to leave unaccompanied, please fill out the appropriate form and return it to the Snow School.
If a student’s behaviour compromises the safety of the instructor, of another student or anyone else, the Snow School reserves the right to suspend the student for a period time it determines necessary, with no refund. The Snow School reserves this same right in the event that a student’s behaviour is detrimental to the progress of the lesson.