Working at Mont SUTTON, it is 60 trails, 230 acres of pure joy and a microclimate that allows for generous snowfall! Are you a student, retired, newcomer or looking for new challenges, Mont SUTTON needs you!
We offer on-the-job training in the field with exciting career opportunities!
General description of the position
As a part of his or her duties, the lift mechanic takes part in maintaining, inspecting, improving and repairing equipment on the mountain. They also ensure the respect of the company’s values, policies and procedures, including the requirements of Standard Z98 and workplace safety.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out repairs on chairlifts;
- Carry out routine inspections (structures, hydraulic and electronic components, motors, etc.);
- Prepare and carry out inspections of haul ropes, grips and sheave assemblies (disassemble, clean, reassemble);
- Carry out preventive maintance duties;
- Prepare various reports and carry out tests on equipment;
- Read blueprints;
- Drive machinery (Bombardier, loader, all-terrain vehicle).
This is a non-exhaustive list and represents only part of the tasks that this position entails.
Skills and qualifications
- Training in mechanical work or an aptitude for mechanical work (an advantage);
- Knowledge or an interest for electrical work, industrial mechanics, electromechanics, soldering and blueprint reading;
- Experience in a similar position or in a ski resort (an advantage);
- Valid driver’s licence.
Desired aptitudes and behaviours
- Be versatile and motivated;
- Be able to work in heights (climbing in towers, ladders and scaffolding);
- Enjoy working outside and in variable weather conditions;
- Be safety-oriented;
- Have a proactive and positive attitude;
- Enjoy teamwork and collaborating with several departments.
Schedule and duration
- Permanent full-time position, with an opportunity for flexible hours in the summer;
- Availability to work a variable schedule (weekdays, evenings and holidays) including weekends during the winter.
We will evaluate your request carefully. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.