Apprentice Lift Mechanic
Are you interested in mechanics?
You dream of working outside?
Join our team!
We offer paid field training, leading to an exciting career!
NO EXPERIENCE OR DIPLOMA REQUIRED!
Under the supervision of a lift mechanic, the apprentice works on the maintenance, improvement, inspection and repair of ski lifts. He also ensures compliance with the vision, values, policies and company procedures, including the requirements of the Z98 standard and safety.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform repairs required on lifts;
- Work in heights and the intense cold at times;
- Make routine inspections (checking structures to cracks and rust, checking electrical and hydraulic components, checking of engine, etc.);
- Prepare and perform inspections of cables of the grips and of rockers (disassembly, cleaning, assembly);
- Perform preventive maintenance;
- Complete reports;
- Read plans;
- Drive Machinery (Bombardier, loader, ATV, etc).
The task list is not exhaustive and represents an overview of the tasks that the applicant has to accomplish.
Skills and Qualifications
- Interested in electricity, industrial mechanics, welding and map reading.
- Experience in a similar position (an asset);
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to work at height;
- Demonstrate judgement;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Team player.
Schedule and duration
- Permanent full time, with the possibility of flexible hours in the summer;
- Work on weekends during the winter.
We will evaluate your application carefully. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: The masculine is used to simplify the text, and without prejudice to the female form.